Monday, October 11, 2010

a simple flower waffle





a flower waffle
 
5 hearts shaped waffle
my little girl prefers her mini size waffles
 It's been such a long while since we have home-made waffles! I did not have the chance to make waffles when we were in toronto. Finally today, I bought my self raising flour and unsalted butter to start again our home-made waffle!  I also missed my takada waffle maker which makes such pretty heart shaped or flower waffles :). Actually it's supposed to make heart shaped waffles, but my girls prefer flowers sometimes, so as long as I don't fill the mould with batter, a flower waffle will appear! heehee!

I think Kaylene also misses home made waffles as she actually requested for waffles for the next day's breakfast already! I felt so good making home-made waffles again!!

Here is a simple Plain Waffle recipe which i've modified  and have been using. Serves my family of 4.

4 TB melted unsalted butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup self raising flour 
2 TB sugar

Beat eggs lightly. Add milk and gently mix till combined. Add 1 TB of melted butter to milk mixture and work lightly with fork. Heat waffle iron while you sift the flour into a bowl. Make a well in flour and gradually beat in milk and the remaining butter. Finally add sugar and mix well. Grease waffle iron and pour batter enough batter. Close the iron and bake approx 3min or until both sides are golden brown!

Happy waffle making!

No comments:

Post a Comment